Saturday, February 12, 2011

More Flesh

Here are other ways my thinking flesh has been taking over...

So obviously I am in a new country and there is a new language to learn, new experiences to be had etc. Well, I would say for the most part I and the others have been adjusting pretty well. We have found our restaurants and cafes and grocery stores, but as far as new experiences go sometimes I am a bit hesitant. We have had success finding dance classes and my thinking didn't stop me from going because I really like dancing.

But, for example on Thursday I went swimming with a friend, I am so glad I went with a Czech friend because there is no way I would have figured out what the heck I was supposed to do. They had this electronic key/bracelet thing that opened your locker, then you go down the hallway to the showers and toilets and then you walk some more to the pool...crazy. Anyways, I was a little bit shocked at that whole process. THEN I find out this guy we met who is from Spain and only been here 2 weeks he went to the very same pool and all by himself and he doesn't speak any Czech. I could not believe it!!! And this isn't about comparing myself as much as me realizing that sometimes my thinking paralyzes me from getting something do or trying something new.

There are many other examples, its why I have never fully learned any instrument because I want to be perfect but think that I never will be so I quit. I have been learning Czech but it's getting quite difficult and I know I will never be perfect because I am not a native speaker of Czech, heck I don't even speak perfect English and I am a native speaker.

And I know everyone says how they just love my honesty, but really it's not OK and it's negative and just comes out as a result of me thinking too much. Sigh...

No comments: