Hello All!!!
I can't believe it is already October!! :)
My birthday is the 22nd just as a reminder! :)
It is Fall here...these things called seasons are amazing LOL! Its like a consistent temperature/weather type for a period of time...whoa!!! ;)
Things are going well...getting into the swing of teaching...I have yet to have a full week where I have all of my classes because someone always cancels. I am definately not complaining...
I teach all levels, all ages. Some group courses and some individual. The preschool is the most fun, but also the most challenging. Whatever I want to teach them in English I must first learn in Czech so I can tell them what I am saying. That seems to be going well and I am excited about learning Czech! :)
Currently thinking about where I want to spend most of my time ministry wise. I am leaning more towards young life which is a youth outreach program here in Ostrava. A lot of times if a young person becomes a christian, they are not aloud to go to church. But their parents will let them come to young life, which does have a message of the Gospel preached each time.
Another group of people on my heart are the administrative people at this one business I travel to. However, they are not taking English classes and as a result don't know very much English so that is hard to get to know them. But I just want to reach out to so many people and it's hard without knowing Czech. I am thinking about maybe bringing them a breakfast treat in the morning, telling them how much they are appreciated (with the help of google translator), stuff like that.
I am making lots of Czech friends, that is super nice because they can help me with stuff...I need to buy some winter boots soon and a new umbrella and go to the post office...
That's all for now!
How are you all doing???
No comments:
Post a Comment