Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Have low expectations in man, but high expectations for God

Hello all,

I have officially arrived safely for training in CA. All of my luggage made it, my plane was delayed but then so was my shuttle in which I got to meet two other teachers, so it all worked out! :)

Everyone here is super cool I am having so much fun meeting everyone!!! God is soo cool how He all organized us to come together this year. I am SO greatful I am not going over alone. I really do not think I could do it. While some of the stuff we have learned in training has come as a shock, I am super glad to know about it here while I am still in the states so I have some time to process it and be ready for it when I see it over in Czech.

Today we had our first break out session to learn specifically about our country. Today's session was called Grappling with Reality and it was about the Spiritual climate in Czech. HOLY MOLY! I am serious, we got pounded with horrible horrible statistics and realities about the darkness in Czech for 50 minutes. I seriously felt the weight over me and my stomach was churning. I do not feel it would be encouraging to post stats on here but if you are interested let me know.

Then however, she shared with us what God is doing in Czech. There is an International House of Prayer in Prague....OH MY GOSH!!! I am SOOO excited I cannot even believe it! She told us of several ministry opportunities and I am super excited. There has been several prophetic words spoken over Czech, one of them was “Worship will rise out of Czech and flow through the rest of Europe” HAHAHA! Heck yes!!! I am soo pumped to be a part of that (even if it doesn’t happen while I am there).

I also found out I am teaching adults at my school and that my school is a christian private school. :) And I will be in the “bible belt” of Czech. It will still be dark but not as dark as the western side.

We also had our first Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) session today. She really reminded us why we were here and what we were to do. Let your light so shine before others that they may see your good works and glorify your father in heaven Mat. 5:16. And Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, do it with all your heart as working for the Lord and not for men, because you know you will recieve your reward in heaven. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. WOW!!! She really told us we need to put our heart into teaching, the students will be able to tell the difference.

That's all for now...off to bed to start another early day tomorrow

No comments: