Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Battle is the Lords

Hello all,

This morning I was reading in Psalms and came across Psalm 138. I really feel like the Lord has given me this Psalm to lay over my life in Czech for the next year.

Psalm 138 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm%20138&version=AMP

1 I WILL confess and praise You [O God] with my whole heart; before the gods will I sing praises to You.

2 I will worship toward Your holy temple and praise Your name for Your loving-kindness and for Your truth and faithfulness; for You have exalted above all else Your name and Your word and You have magnified Your word above all Your name!

Verse 1-2 These verses remind me to first of all worship God for who He is, no matter what I am going through. He is worthy to be praised!

3In the day when I called, You answered me; and You strengthened me with strength (might and inflexibility to temptation) in my inner self.

Verse 3- A great reminder that God always answers our call. And that I am always in need of His strength. Especially during training and my year in Czech.

4All the kings of the land shall give You credit and praise You, O Lord, for they have heard of the promises of Your mouth [which were fulfilled].

5Yes, they shall sing of the ways of the Lord and joyfully celebrate His mighty acts, for great is the glory of the Lord.

Verse 4-5 This is my prayer for the country of Czech Republic and the whole world for that matter. That the kings and rulers hear God's truth and see the mighty works of His hands and hear His promises! Please join me in this prayer! God is King of Kings and Lord of Lords, 1 Timothy 6:15-16. And Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess He is Lord, Romans 14:11-12. The Lord is reconciling the world back to himself 2 Corinthians 18-20.

6For though the Lord is high, yet has He respect to the lowly [bringing them into fellowship with Him]; but the proud and haughty He knows and recognizes [only] at a distance.

Verse 6- Pride is definately a struggle of mine. I have been humbled through this journey and I know there is much more humbling to come. I want to have a teachable spirit and I want the Lord to be near to me. A broken and contrite heart, the Lord does not despise, Psalm 51:16-18. He gives His undeserved favor to the humble, Proverbs 3:4. He gives grace to the humble, James 4:6. We are to clothe ourselves with humility 1 Pter 5:5.


7Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch forth Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me.

Verse 7- So this isn't the "happiest" verse. But it is a promise from God both that there will be hard times, but also that He will be with me in them. Psalm 23:3-4. Also my favorite part of this verse is the reminder that the battle is the Lords, 1 Samuel 17:47. And that He is going to fight off my enemies. Psalm 57:2 says "I will cry to God Most High, Who performs on my behalf and rewards me [Who brings to pass His purposes for me and surely completes them]!" AMEN!

8The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy and loving-kindness, O Lord, endure forever--forsake not the works of Your own hands.

Verse 8- A great reminder that I am not complete. I am constantly being renewed, Eph 4:23, and God who started the good work in me will be faithful to complete it until Christ returns, Phil 1:6 .

SELAH!!!

Thank you so much Lord for this word! Please join me in prayer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Erica. I just love when God speaks to me through scripture! I wrote down your blog address so I can czech up on you. I'll be praying. I kept my grandson 3 days this week so I'm too tired to make breakfast. But praises I was able to keep up with him and found and gave blessings in our time together.

Blessings and love,
Vickie Wagner