I first talked with Teach Overseas about 3 years ago at a church retreat. I just stopped by their booth after one of the sessions and was talking with this one guy and he knew some people at the V (suprise, suprise). I felt a connection and a desire to work with them. The retreat was all about missions so I am sure that contributed to my excitement but I truly honestly felt like I would be involved with them somehow in the future. I gave them my info and they followed up with me a few days later. We talked but I was still in school so the timing wasn't right.
Then in April 2009, I lost my job, I talked with them more because I was desperate and now more open to the fact of going overseas. At this point though I had just started paying back my student loans so I was very overwhelmed with that and we ended this period of contact with, again, it's not the right timing.
Then, on Nov 20th 2009 to be exact, I was thinking to myself that I needed to get on with life. I was realizing that I could not just babysit for the rest of my life, that isn't permanent, it doesn't go anywhere (no increase in salary, position, benefits etc.).
I knew I needed to do something, make some change, be headed in some direction but I had no clue what. And for those that know me, these days don't come around that often, usually I am depressed and just deal with whatever is going on currently and accept it. Well, I get home from babysitting to check my email and Teach Overseas had emailed me and asked if I was still interested. WHAT????? That was a total random fireball from the sky!!! I didn't know we had left our last conversation in April, with an "I will get back to you in the future" but I am so glad they emailed me! So, I immediately write her back and asked what I needed to do to start the process.
No comments:
Post a Comment