Since living here in the Czech Republic there are many new experiences that I have had.
One of them is that of Seasons.
Yes, I am speaking about the weather and you may be thinking that seasons exist everywhere so how could this be a new experience?
Well, honestly in Texas I wouldn't say that we have seasons. Of course I always thought we had seasons since I had never lived anywhere else before the Czech Republic. But, since being here I would say that in Texas there is only summer and fall.
Here there is a distinct summer, fall, winter and spring. Spring of course is my favorite because it is after the horrible dark winter and the days are longer, and the flowers are blooming, people have gardens here and everything is coming back to life after being dead.
Also, here in the grocery stores they don't have every type of fruit all the time. They only have the fruit out if it is in season. Now of course this took some getting used to and I would be really frustrated when there was a certain fruit one day and then it was gone the next day. But, when I was at home in America and I got any fruit I wanted anytime it wasn't even fresh. It tasted horrible. So, is it really good to have everything at our fingertips all the time. Or should we just respect that there is a time for everything and enjoy things when they are at their finest and then just wait until they come around again.
This idea of seasons has also been encouraging in my Spiritual life. Last year was a horrible year spiritually...I was lonely, depressed, I missed my Christian fellowship I felt like God dumped me in this desert and it was so horrible. However, this year is much better. I can feel God closer to me, I see Him everywhere, I am learning more about me, I am no longer in the desert. So, when I am in a bad season I can take heart and know that "this too shall pass", or that it is only for a season and surely spring will come.
"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal;a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh;a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to seek, and a time to lose;a time to keep, and a time to cast away; a time to tear, and a time to sew;a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate;a time for war, and a time for peace. ---Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
"Sing praises to the LORD, O you(H) his saints,
and(I) give thanks to his holy name.[b]
5(J) For his anger is but for a moment,
and(K) his favor is for a lifetime.[c]
(L) Weeping may tarry for the night,
but(M) joy comes with the morning.--Psalm 30:4-5
31(AQ) For the Lord will not
cast off forever,
32but, though he(AR) cause grief,(AS) he will have compassion
(AT) according to the abundance of his steadfast love;
33(AU) for he does not willingly afflict
or(AV) grieve the children of men.--Lamentations 3:31-33
No comments:
Post a Comment