Sunday, September 26, 2010

I am here and I am watching over you

Over all things have been great here in Ostrava (what we have affectionately named O-Town).

Last week was our first full week of teaching and wow. Teaching is really hard.

It requires immense amounts of self sacrifice...something I have never been good at. For example, I don't get to just be in a bad mood because I want to be. My students are dependent upon me and the success of the class depends on me. I also have to take time to prepare a lesson before class. Its not like a job where you go home and the next day you show up and work is waiting for you. Teaching all depends on you and if you prepared correctly. So much pressure...yuck.

That along with some things going on back home and the honeymoon period coming to an end have made the past week or so pretty challenging.

I was doing very well with having my quiet times in the morning, now I am so exhausted all I can think of is the extra sleep I can get. I have been in the word or enjoyed some worship music in some capacity each day, but my overall seeking has kind of run out.

Then, yesterday (Saturday)I prayed and asked God to help me because there was no way I was going to survive this year without him. He reassured me that all He called me here to do was to be a good teacher and to just focus on that and not think about everything else and get overwhelmed like I normally do. So I had somewhat of a better peace even though the "simple" task of "teach well" still kind of exhausts me. (My schedule is a little nuts). But I did have some more peace than earlier.

Well the other girls were all at the other flat and told me to come over for dinner. So on my way out I gathered all the trash and recycling to take it out. I dump the trash and then I get to the plastics bin and find this sitting on top.



Immediately I thought it was trash, like broken or dirty...but no. It was absolutely perfect!!!

And of course I thought of Asland and Jesus being referred to as the Lion of Judah.

I have no clue where this picture came from, but I love it and I am excited to hang it in our flat (once we find some nails...) and I want to put it right by the door so I see it as I come and go and remember that...

"And behold, I am with you and will keep (watch over you with care, take notice of) you wherever you may go, and I will bring you back to this land; for I will not leave you until I have done all of which I have told you." -Genesis 28:15

"The Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed." -Revelation 5:5

A song with a nice video about the Lion of Judah...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faspqlLGYUQ

So, thank you Lord for this "subtle" reminder. :)

No comments: