Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Progress

Hello dearest supporters,

Update on Czech stuff...

All of the letters are out...

Support raising is coming along!

I have my physical Monday morning...

I have gotten fingerprinted for the background check, it will be in the mail tomorrow...

I figured out all the shots I need (3) will only cost $60, I am very greatful because the website said they could range anywhere from $20-$150 each. I will probably get those next week sometime.

Next things to do are to get an original copy of my diploma, and research/price compare insurance plans.

The reality is setting in sort of...I tell people all the time this won't be real until I get on the plane. But, I was talking with a teacher friend and she was sharing some of the difficulties of teaching and I think it is going to be harder than what I have been thinking. Also, I was thinking I am teaching English so towards the end I will be able to communicate with my kids right? Well, then I was thinking back to me learning Spanish in highschool...was I fluent by the end of the school year?? not at all!

When I went to China, everyone we ran into spoke English, but they were college students who were majoring in English who all had a strong desire to learn English so they could come to America. I will be teaching younger students (not sure the exact age yet), who will be required to be in my class and may or may not care to learn English.

Bottom line, this doesn't matter, because God is calling me to this and I have already begun to pray for every child that will be in all of my classes. And the ones who know some English and the one's who know none, and the some who will care and the others who will need a little more love. For my patience in loving them and teaching them. And trusting that God will be working even if I can't see it.

Please be praying for me and the students I will have! And for the city I am in and the roommate I will have. And wisdom to know what to take and what to leave.


Personal stuff....

God has been showing me a lot of my sin lately...which is never fun....but I have been resting in the truth that says I am a new creation, I am no longer who I used to be. Several patterns that have been evident in my life, I am striving so hard to break, with God's Grace. That is a HUGE praise! The praise is not that God magically took the struggle away (which He totally could do!), it's that He is giving me the desire to want to confess my sin and walk in the light and beg and plead for Him to help me stop these destructive patterns. My flesh hates this!!! But my Spirit has peace and is encouraged. Please be praying for strength for me and wisdom to chose what is better, Christ, not chasing temporary pleasures.

Thanks!! Love you all!!

I love you all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, my friend!

Love hearing about your prep for Czech & how God is working everything out for His glory in that. :-)

Random thought, though - I'm having trouble reading the posts because of the font color. It's so bright! It may be just me, but thought I'd let you know in case it wasn't. :-)

Erica said...

Thanks so much for letting me know!!! I will change it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, the purple looks great! :-D

ms_mcmullen said...

Hey Erica. The Czech people know a sufficient amount of English where you can communicate. Though, I would suggest learning Czech just to show that you care about their native language and don't expect them to just speak English. :) You can get by with a lot of English.