Friday, December 9, 2011

Coincidences

Coincidence- the occurrence of events that happen at the same time by accident but seem to have some connection

Lately I have been experiencing lots of "coincidences". Now, I believe in God and that He is all powerful and in charge of everything. This won't be some debate about how much can he control or how much does He choose to control, but rather the fact that I believe God watches over me and protects me and arranges things to help me with an upcoming trial.

For example, the first coincidence that happened this year was when Chelsea and I arrived to Prague train station from America. We had been traveling for over a day because of many delays and we were trying to get a quick bite to eat before our train. Well, we were sitting and "coincidentally" one of our Czech friends who lives in Ostrava just happened to walk through our restaurant on his way to his train. We were so exhausted and had so much luggage we had no idea how we were going to get it on the train. But now, we had a friend there who was also headed back to Ostrava and he could help us. Thanks you God for providing us with help after a long exhausting travel experience.

Also this year I have had more problems with traveling by train, I have no idea why because I am not doing anything different than last year but for some reason it's happening. For example, some trains split so not all of the train will go to the destination that you want, only part of the train and you must try to figure out if it is the front part of the train or the back part. Specifically, coming back from Poland last week we were on a train and the front part of the train was headed to Budapest, Hungary and the last part of the train somewhere else. And both parts were travelling through Ostrava but the second half of the train would be in Ostrava an hour earlier. The problem was is we had to have a reservation and our reservations were for the front part of the train but then the conductor says the reservations end after Bohumin so we would be able to move to the back part of the train. This is just some examples of the confusion I have experienced this year. All I have to say is thank you Lord for this happening this year where I know enough of the language to understand what is going on.

Another big coincidence though is that we had to sit in our reserved seats at first and that allowed us to meet a new friend named Andrew from Bellaruse. His English was great and he was passing through Ostrava on his way to a town in Slovakia. Who knows what will come of this relationship, but we definitely met for a reason. So thank you Lord for organizing that.

And most recently has been my trip to the doctor because I fell and sprained my ankle. God has given me the ability to pick up languages quickly so I was able to go alone to the doctor, huge praise. Also, "coincidentally" I had just learned all the clothes vocabulary so I was able to understand the nurses and x ray techs when they told me to take off my shoes and socks. I had no idea what those words were 2 weeks beforehand...coincidence??? or God preparing me because He knew I would need to know this information.

Then after I go to the doctor I need to go to the pharmacy to get some crutches, well the wife of the pastor of our church works at the pharmacy by my flat...another coincidence?? no way...

So, I would like to end with saying that I cannot give all the credit of these coincidences to fate alone...I believe God is looking out for me and He orchestrates these meetings, preparations ahead of time because He loves me.

No comments: