Hello all!
God has been teaching me a ton lately! So much so that my Spirit feels like it's going to explode and my flesh is soo drained!
One thing that I will share is about Grace. I personally have always "struggled" with this concept. And this revelation came to me this week, "Of course I struggle with Grace if I am trying to use my mind (flesh) to understand it!" Who person in their right mind gets Grace?? The world operates by judgement, condemnation, revenge, and pull yourself up by your own bootstraps.
So, when I am having trouble showing Grace to someone because they are somewhat challenging to be around, or it's an unbeliever, I just can't seem to do it. Well, of course I can't!
I have to check my heart and remember I am a child of God, I have complete and full access to His throne and His Spirit resides in me! Then out of that I can share God's grace with others!
Today I attended a Prayer Tools class and he gave this analogy that was so profound. The teacher said that whenever we see someone who is defaming the name of God, like someone on TV, or youtube. Someone who has clearly been hurt by the church and is calling "Christians" all sorts of names. For those of us who walk in the Spirit and have the gift of mercy, we may very well ache for them in our souls and pray to God He rescues them. However, the more common response, is that we are angry and we want him to suffer the consequences of speaking out against God and we just hope he gets it and gets it good. So, we go to God and ask Him to punish him, and to send his wrath in his life really hard.
Then guess what God does? He looks in His jar or wrath and says "Sorry, I am fresh out." "I have some mercy could you use some of that?? How about some redeeming Love." That's right all the wrath of God was absorbed on the Cross so He has no more to pour out.
That is GRACE!
Also, when people kind of rub me the wrong way or I find their personality "challenging". Really that is an opportunity to die to the flesh, and realize they are just being who God made them. And if who they are is a bit challenging then we need to pray for more Grace to love them as they are.
That is also Grace!
To end the blog...here is a 7 year old named, Rhema, with an breathtaking voice singing Amazing Grace http://www.tangle.com/view_video?viewkey=dc3cd79d4e522689c374
No comments:
Post a Comment